Tuesday, October 03, 2006

OH WHAT A THRILL


Eight years ago Billy and I got married in the little chapel on the campus at Texas A&M. I really have no memories of the wedding except for Billy saying "I do." After the ceremony we had a few pictures taken under Albritton Bell Tower. Then it was onto the reception at the new Reed Arena- 3rd floor. It was the most gorgeous and magical day of my life.

My day started with a bridal brunch given by my grandmother and aunts. It was really nice but I had a hard time eating because I was so nervous. Everyone who attended told little stories about me growing up and I was in tears. It was so special. I had to leave my own party early to go get my hair done. I am at the salon with a massive amount of hot rollers on my head and under the dryer when Billy calls me to check on me. I will never forget that. So I leave the salon (with my veil attached) and drive to the chapel. I get dressed and do all the pre-wedding pictures and then it is time. I remember not being able to look at my dad as he walked me down the aisle because I knew it would make me cry. So I looked straight ahead at Billy and to this day I remember the look on his face when he saw me and the tears in the corner of his eyes. The rest is a blur until we said our vows.

The reception was great but also a blur. We left via the elevator (no bird seed!) and went back to the apartment to change. Our honeymoon was in Galveston for 2 nights and 2 days since we both had class on Tuesday!

And that is our wedding story. There are many details I did not include and some that are private but that is condensed version.

I would have to say that October 3, 1998 is the best day of my life. I was the start of the rest of my life. I would not be the woman or mother I am today without Billy. There have been many great days that have happened since then but eight years ago was the beginning of it all. There have been ups and sown throughout our marriage but not once did I ever doubt Billy's love for me. I can see it in his eyes and hear it in his voice. I love the way we can't stand to be more than a day away from each other, how he calls me to check on me and just to hear my voice, how he goes out of his way to make me happy and how he knows my every need. You still give me chills Billy.

O what a thrill
O what a thrill
Stars in the sky
Stars stand still
O what a thrill

Happy anniversary!

2 comments:

Justin and Susie said...

That is so sweet! I am at school reading this in the computer lab and I am about to cry! I'm so glad you're a part of the Heimann family Amanda!

Ryan & Ann said...

You two are so sweet! I hope that I have a memorable story like yours to tell one day. Happy Anniversary. I hope you got the card.