Tuesday, May 30, 2006

S.P.I. #2

Too many pictures to fit in one post so I am going to have a little series. Here are the events from Day One.


Left around 9:30 and headed out towards South Padre. We only had to make two stops! Once for lunch and once to find the pacifier. We drove onto the island around 4:00. We found my uncles house and unloaded everything and let the boys run around a bit. Back into the truck to find supper. We ended up at a seafood restraunt and had a nice family meal. The boys were very well behaved. Surprised us! Garrett was very adamant about not eating "monsters", or as we call them- lobsters.



After that we made a quick run to the grocery store and went back to our apartment. I guess I should tell you about the house. Love that house! We had our own little efficiency apartment on the bottom floor. Our door opened to the back yard that was like a little tropical paradise. There is also another little room off the garage that has 2 beds and the indoor stairs. Upstairs are 2 bedrooms and a sunroom with a bed. There is a nice kitchen and living/dining room. And a balcony. It was perfect! The times we weren't at the beach we were out in the back or on the balcony.

Anyways, we came home and changed into our beach gear. Walked down to the beach and played for a while in the sand and surf.

After a bit we headed back to the house. Did I mention it was in walking distance? A very short walk. Got the boys all cleaned up and ready for bed. About that time Sugie and PawPaw showed up and of course it was play time for Garrett.

That is about it for the first day.



























































3 comments:

Justin and Susie said...

Oh gosh- the pictures are great- I wish we had a getaway somewhere like that. Speaking of getaway- I like your new video- it is too cute- haven't heard that song yet!

KirstyB said...

SO MUCH FUN!!! I can't wait for more pictures!!! Did I tell you how glad I am that you are home?!?!? :)

Kristin said...

Oh my goodness....this first batch of pictures is amazing. Nice! Now I want to go stay there too!