Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Art

Garrett has discovered art. If you look around our house you can see his masterpieces. There is a stunning blue across the front entry, a vibrant rainbow on my bedroom floor and an amazing collage of stickers on the couch. But the one piece of art that is purely genius is this::


Garrett should have been in bed. He snuck into the kitchen and got the glue. He took the entire lid off and poured it onto a piece of paper. It was then that I heard "Wow, look at this. It's nice." Garrett was walking across the living room with the paper that had the puddle of glue. He asked "Do I do a good job Mommy?" How could I say no? I told him we would set it on the table for Daddy to see when he got home. I put Garrett back in bed. Five minutes later I heard him again in the kitchen. This time he said "it's almost dry." I peeked in and found he added to his creation. He got the red pepper flakes of the counter and sprinkled 3/4 of the bottle on the paper. He thought it was gorgeous! It is still on the counter drying.

That is art in this household. Refrigerator worthy.

Just a little note- I am going to my parents tomorrow for a few days. I may be able to leave a post or two but will not be able to addt pictures or layouts. A little break for me and the boys while Daddy goes fishing.

2 comments:

Ryan & Ann said...

That is too cute! I am glad that Garrett didn't decide to taste his art next.

Justin and Susie said...

I will be sharing that story at work tomorrow! I love to brag about my nephews! I am also bringing my card to show it off!