Thursday, January 04, 2007

NORMALCY

Finally! We are back to normal around here. The toys are put up, dishes are cleaned, laundry is in the process of being done and it feels great! It feels to go to have a cleaner house. Yes, it is only cleaner and not sparkling clean yet. It is a work in progress.

The boys went back to MDO today. Garrett was super excited because he no longer has rest time and did not have to take his napmat. Lance was fine until I turned around to leave. I felt like doing a Mary Tyler Moore move when I walked out the door. I love my boys and playing with them but I NEED the few hours of silence I get on Thursdays. The past two weeks made me realize that I need to find things to do this summer. A few days home are okay but the boys get bored with each other and get cabin fever. I think we might do swimming lessons. And I think I will be the one giving them. I also need to see what lessons the Y offers for little ones. Lance would be great in a gymnastics class!

I really don't have much to say today. Everything is A-OK around here. Lance is talking up a storm. He newest phrase he uses constantly is "ah mn" which means Aww Man! He also has learned to come to me and say "pleeeeeeeeeeease" and grab my hand and pull to what he wants. It is amusing to watch him talk to Garrett. He will repeat the last word Garrett says. And Garrett is coming our of his shell. He was never one that talked or sang when he played. But now he likes to carry around Lance's Learn Through Music microphone and do a running commentary that he then plays back for me. He thinks he is hilarious when he records fake burps and toots. He has turned into a full fledged boy. It is all about bodily noises.

I have enjoyed all my toys I received this year. I wish there was a way to make money doing scrapbook pages. Too bad hobbies don't pay. I have pages to show but Blogger is not working right now. So I will be back later!

No comments: