Wednesday, June 14, 2006

AFLAC

Happy Wednesday!

Not much has been going on around here. I have spent the majority of my time refereeing the boys. They are BOTH in a biting phase. Not fun. And if I am not breaking up the fighting I am cleaning up after Lance. That boy can make a mess! He does like to help clean up. He really likes to throw things away. So I am always checking the trash can. I found my flip flops in there today. He is also eating with a spoon. He INSISTS on using it for everything. This creates a HUGE mess. But he is getting pretty good at it. Lance has also discovered pudding. And I have discovered the ultimate bribery- pudding. Those two will eat all their food for pudding. Garrett likes chocolate and Lance likes vanilla

Oh- did I tell you the cookie story? I made cookies Friday night for our beach trip. They were in a ziploc baggie on the kitchen counter. Saturday morning I hear Lance laughing. I go to check on him and get him out of bed. I walk in and see Garrett laying in his bed with the open bag of cookies. Chocolate is all over his face. And he is grinning. He asks me if I want cookies for breakfast. I then look at Lance and he has chocolate all over his face and a cookie in hand. I couldn't get onto them because they looked to dang cute and they were sharing.

Another cookie story. I was cleaning up and asked Garrett to throw away some trash. One piece was the tray from the Oreo cookies Grandma gave Garrett. Garrett asked me where the cookies were. I told him that Daddy ate the rest of them. He then said "Daddy didn't save cookies for me?" So we had to call Daddy. Garrett asked him "You no save any cookies?" So sad. Garrett should learn that you can't keep Oreo cookies away from his Daddy. That man LOVES Oreos.

Guess I should explain my title now. We went to the library to check out books and go to story time today. They had a petting zoo outside. Something they do at the beginning of every summer. After storytime I let the boys visit the animals. Lance headed straight to the bucket of water and food. Garrett was walking around petting all the animals and telling me what they were. When he came to the duck he said it was AFLAC. It looked just like the AFLAC duck (he has a little stuffed one that screams AFLAC) Too cute! Lance finally figured out there were animals there and started banging on them. He does not pet, he bangs. That is why Trevor hides under our bed.

Right now Garrett is watching a DVD he picked out at the library and Lance is sleeping. So I am going to do the dishes and get some meat out of the freezer. Have a great day!

4 comments:

Rachael said...

Great new look on your blog and I love the cookie stories!

grandma' place said...

Tell Garrett that I will get him some more oreos. Tell him that I will buy a bag for Daddy and one for Garrett! love grandma

Ryan & Ann said...

I love reading your blog everyday! All the stories make me laugh and perk up my day! I don't think I would have been able to keep a straght face about the cookies either. Oh and as far as Billy and Oreos-when ever we would have some I would either hide them from Billy, put them in my room, or mark them with my name. Sometimes that still didn't work! :) I wish I could have been there to hear Garrett call the duck AFLAC though! too cute!!

Oh and Mom said something about a possibility of a beach house...if so let me know ASAP. I wouldn't miss it for anything!

Kristin said...

Easton is an animal and baby banger too! Oy! Too cute, though. Mmm...cookies for breakfast...your boys have the right idea.