Tuesday, December 19, 2006

THE COUNTDOWN BEGINS

It all about how much longer around here. We are ready for Santa! The boys are getting very excited and anxious. Garrett knows what will happen and Lance just feeds off of Garrett. Not an hour goes by that we don't have a conversation about Christmas.

Yesterday we mailed another letter to Santa. Just in case he didn't get the first one. This time we had to go inside the post office and Garrett had to drop it in the slot himself. Lance did not want to be left out so he mailed a few letters also. But he thought it was like his mailbox at home and tried to get them out to mail again. He was a little frustrated and started growling. Yes, my sweet littel boy now growls.

After the post office we took Lance to see the doctor- again! We just couldn't make it through the month of December without a visit. This time it is a yeast infection that would not go away. And he has a cold but his doctor couldn't do anything about that. So now he is on a new cream that will hopefully clear this mess up. I guess I need to put him back on his daily yogurt. He has the most sensitive skin. I have no idea what triggered this infection. It came from out of the blue. Time to start potty training so I can get him out of diapers.

Today is Garrett's party at school. He was very proud because we brought a birthday cake for baby Jesus to the class. They will have pizza, cake and do a book exchange. Poor teachers! 12 little kids on a sugar high! I am sure he will crash into the grumpies when he gets home. Doesn't help that he has caught Lance's cold!

The rest of our week should be fun and relaxing!

Wednesday- make Gingerbread cookies
Thursday- shop for Daddy's gift, go to Target and Kroger
Friday- make cake balls and chocolate pretzels
Saturday- clean house, make reindeer food

and then it is Christmas Eve! YAY!

And since I will probably be covered in flour the next few days I thought I would update my layouts.

This is my good friend Kirsty's daughter:

credits: Jennilyn's Baby It's Cold Outside kit available at The Digi Shoppe, alpha is Vikki Stegall's DIY Chip Alpha filled with papers from Jennilyn's kit and the bow is Nikki Meador's- recolored. Font is pea Jessica (I think)



credits: Alpha is Misty Mareda's Brown Wrapper Alpha. Kraft paper is Misty Mareda's from The Digi Shoppe Essentials, solid papers and patterned papers are from Janel Kretschman's Down Home paper pack, tag and ball chain are also Janel's from The Digi Shoppe Essentials. Paper tears are Jen Caputo's also from The Essentials.Fonts are Amanda's Hand and Mom's Typewriter.


credits: Circle Square Template by Jennifer Layden, everything is by Dani Mogstad- Naughty or Nice mini kit. Fonts are pea Sarahloo and Stamp Act.


credits: papers and gems from Becky Vosburg's Sweet Thang mini kit, the stamped alpha is Stacie Prinzo's from The Essentials and the photo turn is Lauren Reid's from The Essentials. All are available at The Digi Shoppe. Font is Susie's Hand.


credits: Everything is from the 365 Collection by Christy Lyle and Robin Carlton. The papers and elements are from the September kit. Font is pea Karen Print.

2 comments:

Margie said...

I love all your layouts! You have such talent! Hope your son is feeling better soon!

Deanna said...

I love your layouts- the coloring one is my favorite. It should be a greeting card.

I hope Lance gets better.

My gigerbread cookies turned out great-thanks for the help! Although,I didn't realize that I hate the smell of molasses until now!I will probably stick to sugar cookies next year. Have fun baking!!!